Monday, May 25, 2009

Men dancing in tutus!

It's a rare thing for a whole troup of ballet company to come perform in Malaysia, more so when it's an all-men company!

It was two wks ago that I went for the Men in Tutus performance in KL Performing Arts Centre.
For those who don't know, tutus mean by round outskirt that ballerinas wear classically. :)

I had so much fun and got myself a jaw fatigue syndrome after laughing too much during the show! And also painful hands after clapping too much!

Gosh, seeing all those muscular arms dancing graceful ballet is one hilarious scene, and not to mention the ketiak bulu that serves as an icing on the cake. hahaha. My favourite is the dying swan part - which is performed by the company director himself.

I like how they made fun of the little things that hardworking ballet dancers spend so much time perfecting their skills! And the dancer who squeeze his buttocks while going back backstage.

And during the first scene, there was this dancer who dances so gracefully until I can't help but keep on asking ' really is guy a?!'. Then, after seeing their real photos (guy) in the booklet that Koksoon bought, I'm convinced. Makeup can really turn the gender around so much! Wow.

Ok ok, as much as I wish to pen down and share with you the funni-ness of the show, I think these youtube clips will serve the purpose better. hihi

enjoy! ;-)






ps: after the show, few dancers came out - and wow - the dying swan de fake eye lashes was like so outstandingly looooooong! hahaha. Managed to take some photos with them - they are so friendly and hugging us when taking photos - haha!

Still waiting for my photos cocky lee!

pps: thanks also to mr juliet who got the tickets for us and brought me to the most delicious cha siew that I've ever eaten in my life! :p

2 comments:

Min said...

Oh..so funny...kekekek...

iamsoon said...

hey,it takes like forever to upload d photos....haiya....or i pass them to u during induksi???or when i get a better connection...waiting for ur blog to upload is like 10 minutes....zzz

 
design by suckmylolly.com