Friday, April 17, 2009

See pictures tell story...

A recordance of the many happenings during the past 2 weeks. Time really flies fast. Just 2 weeks ago I was announced to have passed my final exam (somemore ended up in dean's list completely out of my expectation), and followed up a celebration dinner in Hotel Amanda...

Therefore, the 'confused' and 'why is it me' expression on my face when I take this picture. But very fast, I got into the mood....

and I started to smile and even did I little bit of dancing with my feet. :p Haha. Lalalala!

Can you spot the professor in this photo? Heheh. One of the most funny and exciting experience in my clinical years. Ask me about it next time la! :p


Pretty smart girls.. :p Really miss those student days!! And right after the result was announced in the lecture hall, we headed straight to the UM 09 board to snap down our joy and happiness. :-) we were high and estatic to say the least. but at the same time feel sad for those who were not able to make it this time round.

and a mini graduation in our faculty the next day where my whole family came down to visit (ermm..and to drive back some of my stuff. hehe)

And below, are the many tasty saliva drooling food that I bought them to in KL. First is the Sushi Zanmai in The Gardens. I liked it there since eating it with my girls after an exam, so the feeling of relaxation and relief is still felt there. :p The power of association. Hmm.. something for the retailers to think about. hehe.

What I like about Sushi Zanmai is that they make good use of mayonaise in their kalten belt sushi, very special indeed! And their price is in the ok range. Shop is comfortable and cozy and warm. There's always long queue outside the shop, but very luckily the two times we went there we were able to avoid the peak eating hours, therefore can go straight inside and enjoy!! Wa I really can talk non stop about it. Show one picture first.
My favourite Unagi! This is yummy, the 'zhap' is really rich and flavourish. Thumbs up!
The next day, we went to The Curve and we were there quite early, thinking to grab a brunch. And while strolling outside the many still in coma state restaurants, we came to this seemingly high class restaurant named PHOP. Huh? hehe.. is Paddington House of Pancake la!

see, this is what I called high class. :-)

They are having a set lunch promotion, RM 13.80 ++ gets you a drink (coffee/tea), main course of many country representative (from pancakes to fish to chicken to beef and many more) and a 'dollar pancake' dessert. We were excited when we first saw this.. and while eating and enjoying the main course we were like wondering whether we have read it right that it's only that price?! Coz it's really very big size and very 'sincere'.

Ok, show picture. Here's my little sis's pancake set, with bacon and the vegetable popiah. Haha, catching her dripping the honey on the pancakes.
This is my 'dei dou lan' fish! The fish was cooked till just right, with very attractive decoration by red cherry tomatoes, the green popiah and the yellow mashed potatoes. Dear to sight. :p

And here, introducing the cute surprise (? keke) of the day! 'Dollar pancake' they call it, coz the pancake is of the size of a dollar. haha. So cute. Small little pancake. I like! :p Somemore in a sea of ice cream and strawberry jam and some peanuts. Very creative indeed, can easily imitate at home - so I registered it in my mind...
...and few days after that when I returned home...Little sis wanted to eat pancake, so I find find find then decided on a pancake recipe.. And while frying the pancake, I suddenly got an idea - DING! - I want to do like the PHOP de. hehehehe. So I was there making the pancake into different sizes by controlling the amount of batter used in each scoop..

Yeah, fun fun fun! And this is what came out! :p

I really like this photo. You can see the top most small pancake is there, standing tall, despite being like so fragile. Hmm.. :p My pancake tower. haha
And after drizzling some sweet honey, here's the more tantalizing version of my pancake tower! (PHOP, dun steal my idea! haha. who steal whose first a? dunno le.) :p

My pratha. One of the home's day's breakfast. Fat. haha.

To be continued... more photos to uplaod and more old people story to tell. haha. :p

2 comments:

sanmin said...

wa good food!

I'm attracted by the PHOP!!

can bring me there next time? :P

Min said...

Definitely worth to go PHOP again, maybe next trip in June...can't wait. Next time we can do that one dollar pancake, it's not hard I think...

 
design by suckmylolly.com