Friday, June 6, 2008

Housemanship expectation questionnaire


I'm not sure whether it has always been this way (got to ask seniors), however, I was pretty surprised to receive this questionnaire in the mail today, in a Seri Paduka Baginda letter. Inside, the questions asked were pretty straight to the point, very relevant and definitely show that effort are being put in to craft the questions.

One question that sticks out in my mind was "I had thought of quitting my medical education due to the stress of the course" - we were asked to rate 'never, sometimes, always'.

Well, stress if definitely there, especially when it's near exams, even more so with important clinical exams. However, quitting does require a great deal of courage. Most of the time, whenever exams are near, I find myself and those around me complaining to each other, entertaining the idea of just throwing in the towel and leave for good. hehe.. But, of course, I said 'entertain' the idea only ma.. After exams we'll be back to our happy selves. And when it's exam time again, the whole cycle repeats itself. That's life I guess. ;-)

Also, the last question was greatest fear on becoming a houseman - hmm.. of course, fear, uncertainty, everything. Sometimes I really doubt my ability to go through it - it seems really really hard and draining, especially the long working hours and work load. Haih... how ah... maybe I should stop being lazy and get more stuff into my brain while I'm still a student.

Time to work hard, dear me. ;-)

2 comments:

kienjean said...

为什么你的留言不要放成pop-up?这样会比较方便你的读者看回文章作参考。

谢谢你连接我的部落格,我也连接了你的。

很高兴认识你!

June said...

Ya it definitely looks better now. Thanks!

ps: I don't simply link to *any* blogs. ;-)

 
design by suckmylolly.com