Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rosti rosti I love you! :)

Wow... I didn't know I was this good! heheh. Sorry la, bear with me while I indulge in my own world of pride can ah... ;-)

Remember the failed first rosti? Well, I attempted for the second time, after we bought a new grater.

This time the grater's hole is bigger. So, the potato slices that come out of it are bigger and won't stick together like a mashed potatoes. haha.

Same method. But, I have whipped up my own white mushroom cream sauce last minute. It certainly upgrades my plain old rosti from A to A +++. hehe.

Nice nice nice. I absolutely love it. If you can find it, look back at my previous post on the rosti taken at Marche and compare - whose looks nicer? *wink* *wink* hehe.

And here's a picture of my sister's coconut tart she did yesterday before rushing to KL to see her idol penguin. hahahah. Oh and thanks for the evaporated milk she left over - just nice the amount to prepare the white sauce. Oh yummy yummy.

Now she has some coconut shred that she left over in the fridge, waiting for me to use it up. What can I do with it ah? Headache pulak!

ps: I really don't mind eating like there's no tomorrow at home, because I know that when I'm back in hostel, I'll get slim very fast, thanks to the hostel food, which always leave me hungry an hour after eating it. hehehe.

2 comments:

Min said...

Wei, your Rosti's pic looked so nice :) First, I thought it's the old pic we took in Marche. How you made that sauce? By the way ho, since when I got an idol called penguin?

June said...

My Secret Sauce ah? hehe. I simply made up the sauce one la.. Fry butter with onion until soft, then add mixture of 'evaporated milk + mushroom water + corn flour'.

 
design by suckmylolly.com